Fields of activities:
|» Economics |
» Political science
» Other social sciences
|» Health sciences |
» Social work
» Other applied sciences
Brief description of your activity focus
Design social policies, programmes and legislation related to person- environment fit, housing and urban design for the aged and disabled
Details about Expertise / Competences / Technologies
The University Institute of European Studies (IUEE), a Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence in Interdisciplinary EU Studie, is a public institution created in 1985 by the Government of Catalonia and the Autonoma University of Barcelona (UAB).
Among the main research lines of IUEE, we represent the Social Innovation Research Group (ACCEPLAN ). Apart from the research activity, the Acceplan group has a more than 15 years working for the Spanish public administration to design social policies, programmes and legislation mainly related to person- environment fit, housing and urban design for the aged and disabled population.
Acceplan has been responsible with the elaboration of several seminal programmatic documents and pieces of legislation that constitute a reference at Spanish and European level:
• The National Spanish Plan for Accessibility 2004-2012 for the Ministry of Labour and Social Services (http://www.imsersomayores.csic.es/documentos/documentos/mtas-planaccesibilidad-01.pdf)
• The Green and White Papers of Accessibility in Spain. 2002 http://usuarios.discapnet.es/disweb2000/docu/LibroVerdeAccesibilidad.pdf http://www.cocemfeclm.org/documentosdeinteres/libroblancoaccesibilidad.pdf)
• The national Decree of Public Space Accessibility for the Ministry of Housing 2010 (http://www.boe.es/aeboe/consultas/bases_datos/doc.php?id=BOE-A-2010-4057
• Several technical and training guides for professionals and administrations
EU Framework Programme related activities:
» Demographic changes
International and national projects beyond EU Framework Programme
Recently, IUEE- Social Innovation submitted a proposal for a Social Platform to the VII FP (SSH Cooperation 2010) under the title EUROPEAN PLATFORM FOR AGEING AT HOME ( Age@HOME) with the following partners.
1. AGE Platform Europe (AGE), EUROPEAN NETWORK, Brussels, BELGIUM
2. Danish Building Research Institute (SBI), Hørsholm, DENMARK
3. Metropolitan Research Institute (MRI), Budapest, HUNGARY
4. Urban Planning Institute of the Republic of Slovenia (UPIRS), Ljubljana, SLOVENIA
5. Institute of Health at University of Warwick (Warwick), Coventry, ENGLAND
6. Clúster del Hogar de Euskadi ACEDE (ACEDE), Mondragón, SPAIN
7. L’Agence Nationale de l’Habitat (ANAH), Paris, FRANCE
8. Care & Repair England (CARE), Nottingham, ENGLAND
9. Ciliopée Groupe (CILIOPÉE), Agen, FRANCE
10. European Institute of Rumania (IER), Bucharest, ROMANIA
Project idea: Active and Healthy Ageing : Social Innovation : Person - Environment.
Promotion of in-home ageing in Europe by means of a shared conceptualization and definition of a EU agenda of policy and research in this transversal area. In home ageing is a cost-efficient and highly demanded alternative to institutionalization. But it needs converging conditions for home environment modifications and the services needed to perform daily life activities