Research interests include use and adoption of ICT, especially CSCW-tools and social media, in distance education and workplace learning.
Michael Klebl holds the Chair of Vocational Education with focus on Further Training and Educational
Management at the WHL Graduate School of Business and Economics, Germany. He has coordinated
several research projects, including funding by the Federal German Ministry of Research (BMBF) and by
the German Research Foundation (DFG).
Current research concentrates on learning processes in groups that are supported by digital media and
computer networks. Starting points for research projects are – beside distance education as area of
both research and teaching - knowledge acquisition and knowledge transfer in the context of
cooperative working processes and corporate training.
The Chair of Vocational Education at the WHL offers extensive expertise in
- open, online and distance education
- educational management
- workplace studies, especially developmental work research
- game based learning
- computer supported collaborative learning
- competence modelling and measurement
Relevant technologies include
- collaborative audio-based storytelling
- IMS Learning Design
- educational content repositories