Fields of activities:
|» Urban studies |
» Public administration
» Media and socio-cultural communication
» Computer sciences
» Information sciences
|» Systems sciences |
» Education (incl. training, pedagogy, didactics)
» Education (incl. persons with learning disabilities)
» Health sciences
» Computational Social Sciences (incl. Social biomedical sciences)
» Library and museum studies
» Social work
» Transport planning
» Transport engineering
Brief description of your activity focus
e-Trikala SA began as a Development Company of the MUNICIPALITY OF TRIKALA which was established in March 2008, while the ICT activity officially beg
Details about Expertise / Competences / Technologies
The design and planning of services which are provided by e-Trikala SA are :
• Supply of electronic services to the citizens of the city of Trikala subsequently provided and the expansion of
the network and surrounding areas. Examples include: wireless and wired broadband connection, egovernment,
informationentertainment education, health services, tourism, special services and many others. The use of
already materialized infrastructure will play an important role, as well as those found in the study and
implementation phase. Furthermore, the company will provide the infrastructure to interested ISPs for access to
end users, thereby developing and trading wholesale channel.
• Providing advisory services to entities interested in developing similar actions in other geographical areas. The
leadership in implementing such a project at local level gives the opportunity to the company to provide its
services either as a consultant or as a participant in any new effort corresponding or larger.
• Research and Development to produce innovative services in cooperation with universities and institutions of
the market. These services will be addressed in similar activities, but it is also possible to create specialized
applications depending on customer needs. This axis will be used as a feedback mechanism of the first shaft
through the continuous enrichment with new services and applications, making it an updated and efficient. This
activity will provide part of the financing by participating in subsidized research programs and generate revenue
from the sale of products.
• Education-training of the personnel of the organizations which will adopt eTrikala business applications, which
are divided into the following subcategories: 1. Training municipal personnel to use specific tools. 2. Training
citizens to the new technologies. 3. Training of entrepreneurs in new technologies. 4. Publicity actions for
broadband. Technical support of the MUNICIPALITY OF TRIKALA, in integrated sustainable development issues, as
well as design and implementation of development interventions.
EU Framework Programme related activities:
» EURO 3-2014: European societies after the crisis
» YOUNG-5-2014: Societal and political engagement of young people and their perspectives on Europe
» YOUNG-3-2015: Lifelong learning for young adults: better policies for growth and inclusion in EU
» INSO-1-2014/2015: ICT-enabled open government
» INSO-2-2014: Understanding and supporting business model innovation
» INSO-3-2014: The economic impact of the Innovation Union
» INSO-6-2014: Platform for ICT for Learning and Inclusion
» INSO-7-2014: Towards joint programming under Horizon 2020
» INSO-8-2014: Synchronised Call initiatives
» INSO-4-2015: Innovative schemes for open innovation and science 2.0
» INSO-5-2015: Social innovation Community
» INSO-9-2015: Innovative mobile e-government applications by SMEs
» INSO-10-2015: SME business model innovation
International and national projects beyond EU Framework Programme
European Digital Programs Implementation
1. Renewing Health (http://www.renewinghealth.eu/en/) It is the largest e-health pilot program at a European level. The project focused in exploring the context in which patients took vital measurements at home and send them via telemetry to the doctor or the hospital. A total of approximately 500 patients across Thessaly used the services of the program (diabetes, COPD patients, patients with chronic heart disease).
2. ISISEMD (http://www.isisemd.eu/) The program is designed to create smart homes for the elderly people with mild dementia. The aim was to help both the people with dementia and the carers of their family environment. It was successfully tested in 20 cases in the wider area of Trikala, where it recorded the problems and good practices. It is a technological solution applicable either for every household or health and social structures of the Region.
3. INDEPENDENT (http://www.independent-project.eu/) This program implemented tele-sessions and extended electronic health records usage for people with mild dementia and mild depression by qualified psychologists. This available technology solution can be used for any kind of psychological support without age restriction. In this case, approximately 300 patients and carers in the wider region of Trikala benefited from this program, by means of remote sessions from home or via the KAPI.
4. ELDER-SPACES (http://www.elderspaces.eu/) The aim of the project was the active participation of people over 55 in social networks (eg Facebook, Twitter, etc.) The program presented a new social network via a software platform (www.elderspaces.com), which is entirely designed to meet the needs of people over 55. In Trikala, about 100 people have used this software platform and the results were properly exploited by the consortium and the EU. Through the platform, these people became more active in the digital age, qualitatively upgraded their daily lives and prevented their isolation with any unpleasant psychological effects.
5. MOMENTUM (http://telemedicine-momentum.eu/) The program aimed in providing health services and high quality care across Europe. This thematic network developed a European platform with the participation of several parties. Some specific objectives of the program was the sharing of knowledge and experiences from everyday application technique telemedicine as good practices, the creation of a structured plan for the use of certain services, the creation of a viable telemedicine network to help European countries on a national and local level and the creation of a policy recommendations quide.
6.SUSTAINS (http://www.sustainsproject.eu/) This program has developed an Electronic Medical Record. Each citizen is a potential user of the system and is able to monitor electronically the Record, with elements such as examinations, diagnoses, medication list, arranging appointments, asking questions in health personnel, etc. The tool is ready to be used according to the needs of the region, the municipalities, local communities, social structures or any other interested party
7. UnitedForHealth (http://united4health.eu/) It is basically the continuation of the Renewing Health project with a focus on diabetes type 2. A total of 70 diabetic patients of the wider region of Thessaly takes measurements at home and does not need to move to an institution or hospital, but via telemetry sends the exam to the doctor
8. SmartCare (http://pilotsmartcare.eu/home/) This program aims to set common functional specifications to better provide comprehensive care for the elderly. A pilot program, which over time will have a positive health impact on all European regions.
9. Citymobil2 (http://www.citymobil2.eu/en/) CityMobil-2 is an innovative and educational project of the European Union, aiming to investigate the vehicle without a driver capabilities in an urban environment with real traffic conditions. The city of Trikala is one of five European cities that would accommodate the pivotal movement of automated vehicles (buses) without a driver, but it is the first city to have the tests done in real conditions in the city center for a period of six months. In other European cities, the movement of automated vehicles was in closed controlled environment (exhibition centers, ports, piers, etc.) and for a much shorter period of time (three months). The Grand Experiment began on September 1, 2015 and run until February 29, 2016 (http://www.citymobil2.eu/en/Cityactivities/Large-Scale-Demonstration/Trikala/). From the first day of the test circulation of the automated vehicle, the impact of the pioneer project was very large, which was accompanied by numerous posts in Greek and world media. In addition to e-Trikala AE, 43 organisations from the EU are involved in CityMobil-2, including Universities (University of Rome, University of Southampton, University of Leeds), Research Institutes (Institute of Communication Systems and the NTUA , Institut National de Recherche en Informatique et Automatique, Institute of Studies for the integration of Systems, German Aerospace Centre, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Lausanne, Spanish National Institute for Aerospace Technology, etc.), and Bodies of Local Government. On the official website of the project (www.citymobil2.eu), you can draw more information about its objectives, the whos and the stage which is now is.
10. TEAM (https://www.collaborative-team.eu/) The program analyzes the mobility of public transport, car, and bus. The aim is to optimize their coexistence, to reduce travel time, reduce pollutants and generally to improve the movement of citizens. The pilot program is expected to provide solutions at a local level, by having as users the inhabitants of the wider area of the city of Trikala. This may be a Regional management tool to solve local transportation problems.
11. MyWay (http://myway-project.eu/) It is a similar program aiming to optimize the mobility of pedestrians, vehicles, bicycles and their combination. It promotes ecological movement and exercise, suggesting the respective optimum ecological path or combination of instruments. Expected to be tested within the wider region of Trikala, constituting standard use of the Region.
12. PRISSM (http://www.prissm-eu.com/index.php/en/) Coordinated by EETAA the aim is to educate employees of the public sector in integrated of the public organizations via an electronic platform.
13. SABER (http://www.project-saber.eu/cms/) The aim is to explore the cycle of all necessary steps from the analysis of requirements to the satellite Internet installation in any part of Europe.
14. DIGITAL CITIES (http://www.digital-cities.eu/) Digital Cities is a three-year project that focuses on the problem of the low ICT adoption by European local authorities in non-metropolitan areas, geographically isolated areas and other areas of social exclusion
. 15. NET-EUCEN (http://www.net-eucen.org/) The NET-EUCEN project intends to create, animate and manage a network of experienced organizations covering the whole supply chain of the service for users (S4U), belonging to several European countries (23 subjects from 16 European Countries), to share the experiences and knowledge on ICT initiatives and services for the wide User Domain, gained mainly during participation in funded project such as the IST and the eTEN programme more oriented to develop and test services for users.
16. iHeERO (http://iheero.eu/) I_HeERO, (“I” for “Infrastructure”) is aimed at the preparation of the PSAP in Member States for the deployment of eCall based on 112 as reference implementations. It addresses explicitly the PSAP element of the eCall roll-out and will enable the PSAP to install hardware and software solutions that fit the necessary requirements within each Member State.