Fields of activities:
|» Economics |
|» Statistics |
Brief description of your activity focus
The main research activity of the AQR group is focused in Applied Economics, with a special emphasis on the analysis of regional and urban issues.
Details about Expertise / Competences / Technologies
The Regional Quantitative Analysis Group (AQR) is located in the Department of Econometrics, Statistics and
Spanish Economy at the University of Barcelona and is integrated in the Research Institute of Applied Economics
In terms of publications, according to RePEc, AQR is in the top 10% in Europe of all research institutions among all
fields of Economics and it is a leading Research Group in Regional Science and Urban Economics in Spain. This
academic excellence has been achieved working in a wide list of topics. We can mention those of economic
impact analysis, economic growth and convergence, externalities, human capital, labour market, knowledge
economy, firm location, firm demography and survival, labour migration, macroeconomic forecast, conjuncture
analysis, and development of synthetic, intangible assets and strategic indicators.
AQR has been involved in the 6th and 7th Framework Programmes for years and is involved in H2020 programme.
The team members are involved in the project “Solidarity in European societies: empowerment, social justice and
citizenship. European Commission” ( H2020. EURO-3-2014- 649489). Also, the group leaded the “Sharing
KnowledgE Assets: InteRregionally Cohesive NeigHborhoods” project, (FP7-SSH-2010-2.2-1-266834) and the
“Intangible Assets and Regional Economic Growth” project. AQR has also participated as a partner in the ESPON
2013 programme, in the project titled KIT, “Knowledge, Innovation and Territory” and is an active member of the
“European Forecasting Network”. In addition, AQR leaded the ESF COST Action titled “Small and Medium
Enterprises, Economic Development and Regional Convergence in Europe”. AQR has participated in 8 projects and
Reports for the DG ECFIN in the last 10 years and advises the European Parliament on Economic and Monetary
issues. Finally the research group is involved in a list of research projects granted by the Spanish Ministry of
Science and Education. Also, AQR has acted as consultancy for international, national and regional public
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the AQR-IREA website at http://www.ub.edu/aqr. You
can also follow the research group on Facebook
(http://www.facebook.com/Regional.Quantitative.Analysis.Group) and Academia
|Project Title||Solidarity in European societies: empowerment, social justice and citizenship|
|Project Title||Sharing KnowledgE Assets: InteRregionally Cohesive NeigHborhoods|
|Project Title||Intangible Assets and Regional Economic Growth|
International and national projects beyond EU Framework Programme
• Open Call for Tender for a Multiple Framework Contract in twelve (12) lots for the provision of external expertise
in the field of Ex-Post Impact Assessment and Evaluation. EPRS/IMPT/SER/14/013. Economic and Monetary Affairs,
Budget and Audit. European Parliament. EPRS/IMPT/SER/14/013-Lot 1 (2015-2016).
• “Knowledge, Innovation, Territory (KIT)”. Programme ESPON 2013. European Observation Network for Territorial
Development and Cohesion, European Commission (2010-2013).
• “Economic and Monetary affairs”. European Parliament - Open call for tender (IP/A/ECON/FWC/2010-109) for
multiple framework service contracts in 6 lots for provision of external expertise in economic and monetary affairs,
financial services, taxation and competition. Lots 1, 2, 5 and 6 (2011-2014).
-------Wage Dispersion in the EU. IP/A/ECON/2010-109 Lot1/C1/SC2. European Parliament. 2013-2014
-------The European Dimension in the Nation-al Reforms Programmes and the Stability or Convergence Programmes.
IP/A/ECON/FWC/2010-109/Lot1/C1. European Parliament. (2013)
• Economic and Social Policy. Committee of the Regions. Multiple Framework Service Contract CDR/RTU/10/2011
• Additional services to the study “Diffusion of innovation in the internal Market” Call for Tender
ECFIN/B/2009/019-NEG. Economic and Financial Affairs. European Commission (2009-2010).
• “Study on the Diffusion of Innovation in the Internal Market“. ECFIN/E/2007/020. Economic and Financial Affairs.
European Commission (2007).
• “Study on the feasibility of a tool to measure the macroeconomic impact of structural reforms.” – joint project
with the DIW Berlin (Project Leader). European Commission - ECFIN-E/2005/001 (2005-2006).
• “Transmission of fiscal policy in open economies“. 039593-FPMPEMU (FP6-2005). HRM. VI Framework Programme.
Programa Marc. Human resources and mobility. Marie Curie Actions. European Commission (2006-2009).
• “The contribution of wage developments to labour market performance”. – joint witgh Halle Institute for
Economic Research (IWH) (AQR Leaders). European Commission - ECFIN-C/2003/001 (2004-2005).
“Forecasting models currently applied to indicators computed on the basis of surveys results”. European Commission -
• “European Forecasting Network”. European Commission (2001-2003)
• “Small and Medium Enterprises, Economic Development and Regional Convergence in Europe”. Cost TC Social
Sciences – COST 400/94 (2000-2005).