Fields of activities:
Brief description of your activity focus
Perceptions of inequalities and assessments about inequalities. Ethical and medical dilemmas, moral and religious conflicts in civil society.
Details about Expertise / Competences / Technologies
Caroline Guibet Lafaye is permanent research fellow at the National Center for Scientific Research (CNRS) (France). Her investigations in ethics are devoted to identifying, about ethical and medical dilemmas, moral and religious conflicts, in civil society, right solutions in a context of strong moral and political pluralism. Her investigations are also devoted to issues raised by equalitarianism, liberalism, distributive justice and equality of opportunities. She wrote several papers on these topics and two books: La justice comme composante de la vie bonne [Justice as a Component of Good Life] (2006) and Justice sociale et éthique individuelle [Social Justice and Individual Ethics] (2006) published at the University Press of Laval (Quebec). The last book she published is devoted to judgments about justice and injustice: Le juste et l’inacceptable. Les sentiments d’injustice contemporains et leurs raisons (2012).
EU Framework Programme related activities:
» EURO 4-2014: Political challenges for Europe
» Societal trends and lifestyles
|Project Title||Political radicalization and armed struggle|
International and national projects beyond EU Framework Programme
- 2011-2031: Member associated to the French Longitudinal Study since Birth (Elfe), directed by INED, INSERM and EFS. See the web site: http://www.elfe-france.fr/pourquoi/en_bref.php.
- 2015-2016: Co-direction of the research program “Lutte contre les inégalités sociales au sein de l’Union européenne: Pratiques et justifications”, funded by the region Ile-de-France, program “Partenariats Institutions-Citoyens pour la Recherche et l’Innovation” (PICRI).
- 2014-2016: Co-direction of the research program “Les expertises psychiatriques au prisme des représentations sociales de la folie et de la responsabilité des malades mentaux”, funded by the Ministry of Justice (mission “Justice and Rights”, Paris).
- 2013-2015: Member associated to the project ANR IBISS, “Biological Incorporation and Social Inequalities in Health”, coordination by the INSERM center.
- 2013-2015: Expert in the Comity on Ethics of Screening (Groupe de réflexion sur l’éthique du dépistage, GRED), at the National Institute of Cancer .
- 2013: Nomination as Member of Scientific Committee of the Review of Economical Philosophy (Vrin).
- 2013: Nomination as Member of Editorial Board of the Con-Textos Kantianos (International Journal of Philosophy on-line).
- 2013: Expert in the Comity “1000 days, Impact on the Future Health of the Period of Conception to two Years”, Blédina (Paris).
- 2013: Expert in the CRÉDOC for the preparation of the survey “Eurobarometer on social cohesion” and its analysis.
- 2012-2015: Nomination as Member of “Comité de Protection des personnes” (“Committee for the protection of persons concerned”) (CPP), South-East VI (France).
- 2012-2015: Member associated to the international project KONTUZ: “Limits of the Precaurionaury in Contemporary Etical and Juridical Praxis”, coordinated by T. Ausín (CSIC), Madrid. Web site: http://kontuz.weebly.com/.
- 2012-2015: Member associated to the project ANR DYNEGAL: “The Dynamics of inequalities: constructing perceptions”, coordinated by Olivier Galland (CNRS, GEMASS).
- 2011-2013: Member associated to the project devoted to the “Incidences of the french National Consultative Ethics Committee’s (CCNE) advices on french positive law”, directed by Pr. Jean-René Binet (University of Franche-Comté).
- 2011-2012: Member associated to the project CEEI devoted to the “Dialogue about ethical issues in institutions: methodological studies on normative strata”, directed by Pr. Emmanuel Picavet (University of Franche-Comté).
- 2010-2013: Member associated to the project CONREP: “Concertation and experimentation in the institutional decision about risk and dependency of elders”, under the direction of Pr. Emmanuel Picavet (University of Franche-Comté).
- 2010-2012: Member associated to the project PARME: “Medicine in Jail: Evaluation of the Situations of Prisoners in Palliative Care in French Jails”, under the direction of Dr. Régis Aubry (Unity of Palliative Care, University Hospital Center of Besançon) and funded by the Fondation de France.
- 2009-2013: Member associated to the research program: “Philosophy of History and Values in Europe at the XXIe century”, under the direction of Pr. Concha Roldán, at the Philosophical Institute of Philosophy of the CSIC (Spain).
- 2009-2011: Member associated to the Survey: “Perceptions of Inequalities and Justice Feelings in France”, under the direction of Raymond Boudon and financed by the French Academy of Moral and Political Sciences.
- 2009-2010: Direction of the Think Thank of Medical Ethics (GREC), in the department of gynaecology and obstetrics at the Antoine Béclère hospital (Clamart, France).
- 2009-2015: Member associated to the Committee « ICARE » (Information – Conceptualisation – Anaesthesia-Reanimation – Ethics) of the French Society Anaesthesia and Reanimation, directed by Pr. L. Puybasset.
- 2008-2010: Member associated to the Survey: “Factual Expertise and Ethics in Public and Institutionalised Debates: the Case of Revision of Bioethics Law in France”, under the direction of Emmanuel Picavet and Bernard Reber and financed by the University of Paris-I and the University of Paris-V.
- 2006-2009: Coordination, with Antoinette Baujard (University of Caen), of an “Analytical Dictionary of Social Ethic”, launched in 2000, by E. Picavet, in order to identify and analyse norms or principles, which form the social life and the discussions regarding the collective life. On line on the Web site of Nosophi, University of Paris-I (http://nosophi.univ-paris1.fr/annonces/raes.htm).
- 2006-2009: Member associated to the European research program DELICOM (“Délibération, communication et différentiels de légitimité dans la délimitation négociée des pouvoirs politiques”, Projet “Jeunes chercheuses et jeunes chercheurs”, n° of contract: ANR-05-JCJC-0200-01), directed by Dr. Emmanuel Picavet (University of Paris-I).
- 2005-2007: Member associated to the research program: “A new History of Philosophy for a new Europe”, directed by Pr. Concha Roldan, at the Philosophical Institute of Philosophy of the CSIC (Spain).
- 2003-2007: Member associated to the research Center: “Norms, Societies, Philosophies” (NoSoPhi), directed by Pr. Catherine Larrère at the University of Paris I.