Fields of activities:
Brief description of your activity focus
The network oriented it activities to two main areas: a) Human Capital, Labour Market and Economic of Education; and b) Transport and Infrastructures
Details about Expertise / Competences / Technologies
The Reference Network for Research in Applied Economics (Catalan acronym XREAP) is a network of 7 -To carry out high quality research in the area of applied economics.
research groups in applied economics at Catalan universities with more then 220 researchers. XREAP
promotes collaboration between these groups with commons objectives and to promote the
interdisciplinarity and multidisciplinarity, serving as a point of collaboration with international research
groups and other institutions, promoting the companies participation and increasing the capacity to
propose and to work together in relevant international research and innovation projects.
Its objectives are:
- To promote the integration and the diffusion of research in the area of applied economics in
- To design and develop joint projects in applied economics.
- To collaborate with foreign research institutes and groups, and to participate in national and
international R+D+I programmes.
- To intervene actively in staff training.
- To promote service and technology transfer.
Main areas of research are
- Human Capital, Labour Market and Economic of Education; and
- Transport, Infrastructure and Territories (especial urban development)
- Individuals, societiess, culturs and health
The management oganization of the XREAP is the Bosch i Gimpera Foundation (FBG).