Fields of activities:
Brief description of your activity focus
changes in work and organisations, quality of work, industrial relations
Details about Expertise / Competences / Technologies
HIVA-KU Leuven has a multidisciplinary staff. Our top priorities are scientific quality and social relevance. We conduct high-quality, innovative academic and policy-related research that works for people and society. We translate our research findings into policy advice and training initiatives such as seminars, conferences and workshops. Attention for the problems affecting workers, socially vulnerable groups, social organisations and movements in society is always the common thread. We participate in numerous international academic networks.
Our research areas are: Work and Organisation, Labour Market, Poverty and Social Integration, Civil Society and Social Economy, Migration and (civic) integration, Environmental Policy and Sustainable Development, Education and Lifelong Learning, Development Cooperation, Welfare State, Housing.
Monique Ramiouls main research topics concern: changes in work, organisation restructuring, quality of work and employment, skills and competencies, social dialogue, labour market issues. Research experiences include both the management and coördination of large-scale international projects, the management of a research team and a personal long-standing experience in scientific research on work and organisation using quantitative and qualitative research mtehods.
EU Framework Programme related activities:
» Changing role of knowledge throughout the economy
» Structural changes in the knowledge economy and society
» Socio-economic development trajectories
» Societal trends and lifestyles
» How indicators are used in policy
» Developing better indicators for policy
» Mutual learning and co-operation
|Project Title||Work and Organisation restructuring in a knowledge-based Society|
|Specific Theme||changes in work related to global value chain restructuring|
|Project Title||Measuring the dynamics of organisations and work|
|Specific Theme||guidelines on measuring changes with harmonised employer and employee surveys|
|Project Title||Work and life quality in new and growing jobs|
|Specific Theme||linkages between new and expanding jobs, the conditions of work and employment in these jobs, and th|
|Project Title||Inclusive Growth Research Infrastructure Diffusion|
|Specific Theme||data infrastructure on Poverty and Living Conditions’ and ‘Working Conditions and Vulnerability’|
International and national projects beyond EU Framework Programme
- 2008-2009, 2011, 2012: European Company Survey - European Foundation for the Improvement of Living and Working Conditions: research partner
- 2006-2007: European Survey on Working Time and Work-life Balance, European Foundation for the Improvement of Living and Working Conditions: research partner
- 2004-2006: MOOS- Making Offshore Outsourcing Sustainable, European Social Fund, art. 6: research partner
- 2001-2004: STILE – Statistics and Indicators on the Labour Market in the Economy - 5FP-IST Eurostat: coordinator, 10 partners, 2,5 mio euro
- 2000-2003: EMERGENCE, Estimation and Mapping of Employment Relocation in a Global Economy in a New Communications Environment, 5FP-IST: research partner.